1) Christmas Music. I play it over and over again. I have a favorite playlist that speaks right to my heart. It is calming and comforting and I look forward to hearing it every year.
2) Presents of course! Who doesn’t like opening up a gift picked out with love especially for them.
3) Picking out a tree. Last year was the first year in a long time we cut down a live tree. The kids were so excited and it was so beautiful I couldn’t take my eyes off it. I look forward to going as a family to pick one out again.
4) Getting my Christmas Pajamas and having a nice dinner at my sisters after church on Christmas Eve. My sister started the tradition years ago and everyone always waits in anticipation to see what’s in their box.
5) Church with the family. My Poppy always loved when we would all go to mass together. I’ve never forgotten and I think of him every year. Christmas was his birthday!
6) Shopping. I’m sorry, I know it sounds shallow but I love searching for the perfect gift.
7) Decorations! There is nothing more peaceful that a crisp night and some Christmas lights. It warms my heart year after year when I see my parents yard all lit up as we pull in the driveway.
8) Family! I live far away from everyone else and it means so much to me when we are all together.
9) The red Starbucks cups. Sorry! They make me happy.
10) The fun Elf on The Shelf brings to our house and the overall cheerfulness of everyone around the holidays. Did I mention the Christmas cookies and the food!
Those are some of the things I look forward to every year. I’d love to hear some of yours!